Monday, August 8, 2011

#dontjudgeme


Wah, sudah lama tak menaip di sini. Sudah berhabuk kehendaknya
blog ini. Saya pohon kemaafan sebab sudah lama tak menghadap blog seraya mengupdate. Natijahnya, saya malas tahap dewa. Faham tak akan kemalasan tahap dewa? Kalau faham, bagus. Kalau tak faham, faham-fahamkan sahaja.

Okay, anyway, let’s move on to the topic of the day. I was suddenly called, (Cheh, “called” gitu. Rase cam ade suara sepoi-sepoi bahase berkate, “Write about guilty pleasures todayyyyy!!”) to write about jengjengjeng GUILTY PLEASURES!

Actually dah terbagitau topic awal-awal dah. But please pretend that you have not seen it ohkayyyy.

You guys pernah dengar “ keseronokan bersalah”? Atau bahasa omputehnye, guilty pleasure?

Don’t know?! Haaaa, according to my best friend in the whole wide world, Mr Merriam-Webster, guilty pleasure is something pleasurable that usually induces a minor feeling of guilt. Atau dalam bahase pasarnye, keseronokan bersalah adalan sesuatu yang amatlah menyeronokkan tetapi juge boleh membawa kepada perasaan bersalah dalam diri sendiri. Tapi sikit je la rase bersalahnye bukan cam rase bersalah lepas mencuri takut kene potong tangan. Bukan bukannnn….

Usually the guilt is from the fear of other people discovering your embarrassing tastes be it in fashion, books, movies, songs dan yang sewaktu dengannya.

So today, in the name of updating my blog and also to somehow inflict embarrassment on myself even further, I’ve decided to reveal MY list of guilty pleasures.

1) Reese’s Peanut Butter Cups

Image courtesy of americanthings.wordpress.com

Here’s the thing, I’m not a snacks person. I don’t salivate over every single chocolates, crackers, desserts that I pass by but this, this delicious peanut butter-y goodness is the epitome of sin! OMAIGOD! This perfect peanut butter goodness will help you grow…vertically, that is. It’s sold in any hypermarkets tapi tak berbaloi beli sebab mak aih gile mahal and dalam satu paket ade 3 cups je. So usually my itchy butts friends yang baik hati (bodek ade makne ni sebab sorang tengah kat Finland) will buy them in bulk for me. CAYALAH KORANG! MEMANG KAWAN DUNIA AKHIRAT! Okay dah Tot, tak payah nak extreme sangat.

2) Justin Bieber My World 2.0

Image courtesy of ilyjustinbieber.com

#dontjudge but once upon a time, when One Time was first released, I watched it and thought, “Cute girl. Boy? Err, not so much”. You see, JB wasn’t even on my radar, I was in fact eyeing the girl in the MV. Then Baby came out and all the girls went gaga over him and I thought, “Meeehhh.” Manymanymanymanymany months later, I was in my sis’ car and I was flipping through her CD collection and rightly stole some of them, including JB’s My World 2.0. Trust me when I say, I delayed listening to the CD. I actually played and overplayed other CDs first until one day, I thought “Whatthehell, lets give it a try…” Then, terus tersuke dengar Favourite Girl. Bukan saje TERsuke, malah selalu TERhum and TERnyanyi bile duduk sorang-sorang. Okay, BOOOO DEKAT DIRI SENDIRI! *Boo diri sendiri sebelum orang lain boo adalah taktik terbaik untuk mengurangkan rase malu*

3) Power Rangers

Image courtesy of fanpop.com

No thanks to my sister who used to shoo me away when she played house and Barbie dolls (Motif kau nak salahkan Kak Long?! Haha), I grew up as a tomboy, playing Legos and building space stations with my brother. Sooooo, my favourite show of all time when I was younger (and also a few years back) was Power Rangers. Doraemon pun kalah time tu. Memang tiap-tiap hari Sabtu, pukul 6, TV2 mesti tengok Power Rangers. Without. Fail.

4) Scrabble

Image courtesy of mylot.com

YES I’M A NERD! Scrabble is probably my most favourite board game of all time. Monopoly, Life, Cluedo etc semua tu tak boleh lawan la. Another reason I don’t like to play these games is because I never win any of them. So saye ni agak (agak? AGAK??? Sangat, more like) competitive and I don’t like to lose, everytime someone proposes that we play any of the above games, I’ll wander off somewhere else. Dahlah suke main Scrabble, pastu seboleh-bolehnye nak bolot semua triple word score. Kalau orang lain dapat, memang boleh mendatangkan kemarahan! Therefore I reiterate, YES I'M A NERD!


5) Starship Troopers 1 & 2

Image courtesy of allpostersimages.com

3 words. Casper van Dien. One of the reasons I watched it when I was younger. Gatai naa hang, kecik-kecik lagi dah usha mamat hensem naaa. Buruk perangai sungguh! That was the time when I knew about NPH tapi time tu die nerd lagi, takde “SUIT UP!” bagai.

Starship Troopers 1 & 2 are cult classics, B-grade, but cult classics nevertheless.


6) Code Red

Image courtesy of wikimusicguide.com

Code Red was a British boyband formed in 1996. My sister was a fan and I stumbled upon them because I thought one of them was cute. *cough* You’ve no idea how embarrassed I am to even admit to that. But yeah, I couldn’t care less about the songs, they were catchy pop tunes, typical of boybands I guess. Just thought one of them, I didn’t and still don’t know his name actually, was cute.


7) Road Rules/Real World Challenge

Image courtesy of Wikipedia

I’ve watched them all. The Gauntlet, Fresh Meat, Battle of the Seasons, The Inferno I, II, Battle of the Sexes. I’ve rooted for Abram, crushed on CT, cringed at the Mark & Robin hook-up and went “AWWWWW” at every Abram & Coral moments (these two are TOTAL bad asses but they “wuvved” each other. AWWWWW!). Eh actually, I’m not embarrassed to admit that I’m a big fan…

Image courtesy of poptower.com

Okay, I just have to post CT's picture. My favourite Bad Ass EVAH!
Goddammit he's hot.

8) Sonny with A Chance

At the age of 23, to be admitting that I enjoy watching Sonny with A Chance (I’ve even subscribed to a Youtube channel that uploads the latest of this series) puts me in danger of being labeled as, “Lame” or a loser or to be picked on at every outing with friends (hence I didn't put a picture for this guilty pleasure. CAN YOU IMAGINE HOW EMBARRASSED I AM RIGHT NOW?). BUT since this list is called the guilty pleasures list, I guess I have to put it on this list. Somehow I have a feeling that admitting to this guilty pleasure is even worse than admitting to listening to JB. Okay, please don’t unfriend me.

Well you can’t expect me to bear with this embarrassment all on my own right? Mane aci! So come on, what are your guilty pleasures? =)

5 comments:

Khael said...

Bie... ber??!

Hahahaha...

Siti 'Afifah said...

Alaaa, I like one song only. Promise! =P

Khael said...

It's okay. I like more than one song. But sssshhhhhhhh :P

Siti 'Afifah said...

Erm, me too actually. *blush*

amilia said...

reese's awesome!