Sunday, January 6, 2013

I look fear in the eye...and then run the hell away in the opposite direction.


Watched the Malaysian version of the Celebrity Fear Factor yesterday. Apart from Nik Michael and Hafizul On Air, the show was...meeeehhh. Mostly sebab tak berapa kenal celebrities dalam tu (ayat tak nak berlagak lagi kan?). Tapi betullah, apart from the well known ones like Didie Alias, Celina Khor, Elfira Loy, Alam, Arja Lee (Hai hot stuff), Gambit Saifullah (gila kau tak kenal dia ni? Kontroversi berduyun-duyun kot?!)...the rest like Zaween, Ajak, memang kena bukak phone, Google siapalah sebenarnya diorang ni. Nevertheless, salute and special mention to Elfira Loy semalam! Badan kecik tapi gila tak takut ular! I yang badan besar, umur dah nak suku abad ni pun nak TENGOK ULAR DALAM GLASS CAGE pun tak berani (True story. Tanya Berlina what happened during our visit to Caversham Wildlife Park).

Intro cukup panjang tak kat situ?

Anyway, apart from snakes, I have rather quite a few fears that I havent managed to conquer. One of which is creepy crawlies (tapi dah berjaya mengawal ketakutan terhadap lipas lah. Itupun kalau dia berjalan kat tepi atau duduk diam-diam. Tapi once dia start mengipaskan sayap, ready nak take off...I take off dulu) and the other is...roller coasters because I just dont get kicks out of getting flung around at crazy speeds (while narrowly escaping death or dismemberment).

My first experience on a roller coaster? I think it was a coupla years after SPM? My friends and I went to KL to witness history in the making. That of Baldeep participating in a Diwali Night dance at her college (she used to skip school during any school celebrations so her dancing in public...yep, a must see!).

So, we went to Times Square (atau budak-budak sekarang suka sebut TS je. Short form je korang kan, abbreviate je kerjanya. Dasar pemalas!) and of course we had to drop by Cosmo's World. Dah masuk situ, of course kena naik rides dia kan, takkan nak duduk tercongok kat situ sambil tengok orang lain bergembira terpekik terlolong bagai? Jadi, the five of us (I think five. Wait lemme count, there were, Geeta, Baldeep, Ash, Aimi and me. Yeah, five) went on quite a few rides until we saw...

                                          (Courtesy of backpackingmalaysia.com)
THAT! Which of course got Geeta and Ash super excited! So they queued up for it sambil memujuk Bal, Aimi and I to join them. Hahah bitch please, tak mungkin sama sekali. Bukan pasal gayat, tapi gila kau roller coaster ni naik tinggi sampai nak cecah bumbung kot! Rasa takut kepala hantuk bumbung tu je.

Tapi, rakan-rakanku ini, ada ilmu hitam. They managed to get Bal and I on the speed demon (takdalah speed demon sangatnya pun. Cuma for someone like me, it was fast as hell) and were rewarded with screams of "I'll kill you!" - Bal and "I hate you!" - me. But it was fun although memang jantung rasa macam nak terkeluar time dia buat loop de loop tu. But it made me wanna do it a second time around...tapi last minute kecut perut, pretended tak sedap badan. HAHAHAHAHAH penipuan keji.

Setakut-takut nak naik roller coasters pun, bila tengok TV ada special shows on the best theme parks in the world or the best roller coasters in the world macam kat bawah ni...

Rage (nama pun dah mengerikan tapi yang penting, colourful. Niat nak naik membuak-buak) somewhere in the UK

Millennium Force (Like heeeyyy, look at how tall the thing is? Gets me excited!), Ohio, I think.
This is the one, that I saw a loooonnnggg time ago which I wanted to ride because it's made of wood! Boulder Dash, Connecticut. Tapi tulah masalahnya, made of wood. Tahan ke? 

...tapi tak berani. Macam mana tu?

4 comments:

Dan. Ee. said...

Hardly manly lah to admit that I wouldn't want to experience any sort of rollercoaster rides.. gayat.

but more importantly - DAH BERKURUN BARU NAMPAK HANG POST

and snakes... hmm... now that gives me an inkling nak beli ape come 19 march~

Siti 'Afifah said...

Dude, you nak hadiahkan snake kat I ke? -____-

GAYAT RUPANYA! Haha. Yeah I wanna start blogging again. I need to sebab nak practice my writing balik. Rasa macam sangatlah rusty!

Dan. Ee. said...

yes!! Gayat!! Acrophobia!!! takut jatuh...

been afraid of heights for as long as I can remember mind.

by all means woman.. KEEP POSTING! Dah lama giler I haven't read any of your works.

*snakes?? me?? how could you... >.<

Siti 'Afifah said...

Haha tak sangka k you gayat. And yes, nantilah I ada idea I updatelah my blog. Your blog tu apa cerita? Bersawang mungkin?!