Wednesday, January 5, 2011

2.


The picture on the left is of Najib, Noelle and I. The picture on the left also was taken about 2 months ago during the Agency Trivia Challenge, where we placed 4th, held at Ecoba Damansara Perdana.

Most importantly, the picture on the left was featured in Advertising + Marketing magazine.

Saje je nak bagitau. Sekian.

Actually, another reason I posted this up is because I remembered something someone said to us that night. This guy, Peter who used to work at 8TV came up to the table and started chatting with us and remarked how young the P 'n R team was. And two days ago, our new Creative Director (CD) was introduced to us and the first thing he said was, "I'm shocked at how young you guys are".

I don't know if being a young team is necessarily a good thing or a bad thing. In a way, since we are young and very much new to the workforce, the way we see things is a little different from our senior counterparts but at the same time, sometimes, I do feel that the fact that we (especially Noelle, Ian and I) are young causes other people to doubt our capabilities. Sometimes clients just don't trust us because "Hey, they're inexperienced. What are they doing handling this account?" and in my case, sometimes I think people avoid giving me certain jobs because, again, "Hey, she's inexperienced. Let me handle this on my own." When that happens, trust me, it's probably one of the most demotivating thing that can happen.

But hey, everyone has got to start somewhere right? I can't just graduate, start work and be amazing in 5 days, can I? So like a wise man told me once, "You have potential, you just need to be polished. Never and I repeat never, let anyone or anything disorient you. One day, everyone's gonna know your name. Be patient, work hard and believe."

Probably one of the best advice I've ever heard, really.

Anyway, on a lighter note, here's a story. My MD who went for a work trip to Laos brought back two boxes of Lao coffee. While everyone in the studio was trying out the coffee, someone asked what date it was today. After the question was answered, said person exclaimed, "Bloody hell, the coffee expired already la!"

...too bad, I'd already finished draining my cup of coffee. Haha.

And oh hey, we got our company t-shirts and the girls are wearing XL. The smallest size available.

Diskriminasi terhadap wanitaaaaaa!!
Cube bayangkan the biggest size available? 6XL mungkin? Haha

No comments: